Moodle mobile 2.0 for iOS and Android has recently been released. This latest app is a big step for mobile learning with Moodle.
While this latest release is a smooth upgrade from previous versions, internally it's a completely new app built on a new open source framework, Ionic. The advantage that this brings is that it will mean future mobile developments will be faster in future.
In addition to a cleaner-looking app, some of the new features and improvements in Moodle Mobile 2.0 include:
- Improved UI and faster and smoother application
- Introduction of natural functions including pull to refresh, infinite scrolling
- Simplified app experience with filters, easier settings and access to user profile
- Support for many more Moodle features including Activity Completion, Choice, Notes, Book, IMS CP and Chat
- Vastly increased storage space within the app
- Offline access for calendar
- Smarter push notifications that support multiple Moodle sites per app.
The app is available to download now for Android & iOS, and will be available on the other app stores soon. You can download it here.
You can find more detail on the features of this latest release here.